Kitchen Scales that measure in small amounts.

What are you using to measure small amounts in?

Mark S.
posted over 4 years ago

Save 0

This is the exact scale I have. It's under $10, eligible for free shipping and measures in 0.1 gram increments. Perfect for yeast, salt, malt and other smaller quantity ingredients when making only a few balls of dough at a time.

Medium 41c9tjbafkl

Thumb raji
Raj Irukulla admin
posted over 4 years ago

I use standard Pyrex (Anchor Hocking , Luminarc) custard cups (about 6 ounces or so--readily available, and I have four of many of these small glass bowls from Crate and Barrel, from the smallest at about 1 ounce (2" or so) to 4" in diameter: You can find similar bowls at bed, bath, and beyond, and at Sur la Table. They all stack, so they don't take up much space. I have 4 of each, so if I am doing a comparative experiment, I can put the same ingredient in each size bowl, line them up, and then I am ready to go. They easily will sit on a palm scale , which measures in tenths of a gram up to a couple of hundred grams, and even the inexpensive ones have a tare function. I am not home for a couple of days, but if it would be helpful, I could post photos tomorrow afternoon.

Ken K.
posted over 4 years ago

Oops. I saw the "in" before the "?" and responded to that. You meant "on". Search Amazon with "palm scale" or "pocket scale". I have one that I have been using for 8-10 years that cost about $10. Read the reviews and take a plunge...

- Ken   over 4 years ago

Sign In to reply to this post